Adsense

Thursday, December 29, 2011

I’m alive, says man allegedly shot dead during protest Lekki toll protest


LAGOS – Contrary to media reports that one person was shot dead by the police while several others sustained injuries during the protest that greeted the commencement of toll collection at the Lekki toll gates, the man  told newsmen yesterday that he did not die after all.
Femi Ogunsanya, who spoke at the premises of the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Panti, Yaba, however, admitted that he was manhandled by the police but later  rushed to the hospital where he was treated and discharged.
The 38 year-old staff of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN, Lekki undertaking told journalists that he did not participate in the peaceful protest that later turned violent, stressing that he was just a victim of circumstance.
He said he was shocked when his colleagues drew his attention to a newspaper publication that he was shot dead.  According to him, “actually, I was manhandled by the police that day because I woke up in the hospital.  I did not participate in the protest. When I closed from office, on my way home, I met  Lekki Local Government chairman at the gate and we exchanged pleasantry.
Suddenly, I saw people running, I tried to escape but was grabbed from  behind and  a hit of gun butt on my head landed me on the ground;  that was the only thing I could remember.  I am alive.”
Reacting, the state Command Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Samuel Jinadu, appealed to media professionals to always verify their stories before publication, admitting however that policemen were drafted to the crisis area when it became apparent that the hitherto peaceful protest had turned violent.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Awesome article dude! Thank you so much,
    However I am having difficulties with your RSS. I don't understand why I cannot join
    it. Is there anybody getting identical RSS issues? Anyone
    who knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanks!!

    my web page :: Big Trucks

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you !!!